Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Reflection #5: Modern Day Cloud Of Witnesses

this reflection is based once again on the introduction of the book. i wrote it after listening to the song "Cloud Of Witnesses" by Mark Schultz, a song that has always stirred my heart and made my eyes well up with tears. blessings.

so im listening to a song. a song that i heard many years ago that for the past few, has stirred my heart every time i hear it. it speaks of a cloud of witnesses. the Church body. not the ones of old, but of the modern day. our parents, teachers, pastors, friends......the ones we walk with today, in Christ.

it strikes a very sensitive chord in my heart. there is a part where he sings of a boy losing his father, and how the friends surround him.....help him give his father up to God. something we will all one day face, something i have come close to many times with my fathers poor health. it makes me appreciate the blessing of people, a modern day cloud of witnesses, that God has placed in my life.

a cloud that i know will follow me down the road. a cloud that i know will help me through the hard times. a cloud that will support me. a cloud that inspires me. this is a modern day cloud of witnesses.

No comments: