Saturday, February 16, 2008

For Your Information: my disclaimer

after some thought, and some comments about my blog regarding our troops, i thought i might give some background as to why i feel the way i do. i feel after re-reading it some background might help.

first, my goal is not to win anyone with this post, or the one i am referring to. i say this because from my experience those who do not agree refuse to change their minds. non the less, i cannot continue to bottle up how i feel. call it a venting post. this is the purpose of this blog, to express how i feel. this is always the purpose of my blogs, this one just happens to be an angry one. if you do not like it, i am not sorry. it is how i feel, and i will not apologize for that.

second, i have long put up with listening to, and even being criticized myself for my support of those who put others before themselves. and what makes me angry, is it is often "Christians" who do this. you know what is funny? those "Christians" who criticize the troops, suck at putting others first when compared to the troops. and you know what? i openly admit i am one of those "Christians" who sucks at this. but i respect them. i recognize the sacrifices they make to do what they do. and i am proud to say my older brother is one of those troops, who sacrificed time with his family, his comfort and luxury, and many times almost his own life. this is something those who criticize, i guarantee do not do.

for the last several years of my life i have listened to so called Americans trash the nation they live in, and the men and women who serve to protect it from threat. often, i have caught personal attacks for my stance. i am proud to support those serving, for this country, for me and you, and for those who cannot do it themselves.

it makes me angry, and rightly so i believe. i see so many people take advantage of what they have here, and then trash talk those who provide protection of it. maybe i am being redundant here, but you know what? i dont care. i dont think the arrogant, so called Americans in this country have heard this message enough.

i am sick of hearing people in this country trash talk those who protect the rights they arrogantly take advantage of. i am sick of hearing the people who only care about themselves trash talk those who put others before themselves.

so i say it again. i do not apologize for how i feel. i am not trying to win anyone. those who agree with me already do, and those who dont will continue to be arrogant, selfish, un American Americans. and as i said before, if you cannot be grateful for what you have, no one is making you stay here.

No comments: