Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the familiar

i just got back from Hesston last night/this morning. i flew out there thanksgiving morning to spend six days there with friends. i had a blast going to newell's, drifting in the snow at 3 in the morning with friends, almost dieing, eating, visiting with faculty, etc.

it came time to leave and part of me didn't want to, yet part of me did. i am excited for what is ahead of me, and at this time i am in Washington State for school. but at times i long for the familiar. it is something i have struggled with for some time now. i am not afraid of the future, but i have many memories that i love, and in my flesh at times wish i could relive, could recreate in some way. that thought came to mind this morning back here in Washington as i woke up and looked at the snow outside. it made me think of when it would snow back in Hesston and how much i loved it.

but here i am now, back in reality realizing i can not go back and relive the past. i can visit, and enjoy....but i can not make it now. but perhaps one day i will return, and stay awhile longer. until then, i look to the future and what God has in store for me, loving and remembering the good times.

with love to all my friends at and from Hesston College. Good times will always be remembered.

No comments: