Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Everything Testifies


i got to my second class a little early today......like about 45 minutes early. it was nice out, kinda warm with an overcast sky and a slight breeze. in light of this, i thought it would be nice to lay down on the grass and just chill till my class started. i found a nice piece of green earth secluded from anyone else that might be walking around and closed my eyes.

i was instantly overcome with a sense of peace.......something in me was touched. i felt overcome and lead to praise God for what He has done. i thanked Him for where He had allowed me to be, in this awesome country that i love so much, surrounded by the mountains. i opened my eyes and looked up at the clouds passing by, and started noticing shapes in the clouds. the first i noticed was a hole in the clouds in the shape of a dog........and then, the shape of a heart.

this got me thinking. there is something inside everyone that points towards God. we either accept it and embrace it, or we deny it.

i started thinking about the conversation i had in my Genesis class about creation, and how everything points to God, all creation. so i wondered how could anyone deny His creation and His love for us? that heart shape in the clouds testified to me today that God loves me......He showed me through His creation.

you can see it every day. do you notice it?


im drawn to a passage in Scripture that describes this. paul wrote in the first chapter of the book of romans, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."


see, everything around us is screaming out to us. everything around us is pointing to one thing, one person. all of creation testifies of its maker, or its creator the Lord God Almighty........YHWH.

so where do you stand? today i was reminded of God's love for me. He shows me every day through His creation which surrounds me. it surrounds you to.

do you hear it screaming? do you see it pointing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear it! I see it! It's in everything, everywhere I look! Praise God!