Friday, August 29, 2008

Weeping Truth

a thought hit me this morning. it is simple i think, yet profound. i was siting in one of my classes this morning, and we were talking about issues that are facing our world today. abortion, social justice, etc......and we were asked to rank them by importance. we talked about the complexity and simplicity of issues. and Jesus.

and a thought hit me.

would i weep at a simple truth told to me by Jesus?

if Jesus were to look at me and speak a word of simple truth, would i break?

or would i go "huh, good point" and move on with my life as if i already knew it and just forgot until He said something? i realized this morning this is the attitude i often times have. and at the thought of the Lord of all that ever was, is and will be, telling me a simple truth my stomach turned. i pictured myself weeping like i never have in my life.

so i have to wonder, do we really know the truth about the issues? the simple truths? or do we make it all complex and then act like we have it all figured out, when really we are way off the mark?

would you weep at a simple truth?

No comments: