Friday, August 29, 2008

Coming alive, yet unworthy

iv been listening to a song by jeremy camp. it is called beyond measure, and it is beautiful. there is a line that he sings that says this,

"i come alive, when i've broken down and given You control"

this hit me this time listening. he also says this.

"but i know i wont find any worth apart from You"

think about that. he is not talking about another human, a person in his life here on earth. he is speaking of someone much greater than all this around us. the one true God. i have come to a recent conclusion that God is in the process of once again breaking me down and showing me that i am nothing without Him.

and here, one of my favorite songs plays when i need it most. pointing a truth out to me i have in the past failed to recognize. on my own, i am truly dead. but when i break, when i give this life up to the One who created it i come alive. i find purpose. a purpose that was given to me before i was shaped within my mother's womb.

another song plays where he sings,

"i am nothing without Your love"

how true, and what a reminder. i am nothing apart from Christ. and His death completes me, should i accept it. and i have. now, i must live it out.

No comments: