Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Chain

i started reading a new book the other day. i have now something like 8 books i am trying to read at the same time. it makes life very interesting. add to that, books for research for a paper i am writing. my life surprisingly stays busy (or should).

but i read something in this new book the other day that really convicted me. it has come to my attention as of late, both by simple personal conviction from God directly, and also that of God via Amanda, that somewhere along the line recently, i have allowed my priorities to switch. it went from God being at the top, to Him being somewhere lower. and then i read this:

To be prepared to relate to a member of the opposite sex, you must first learn how to relate to the Creator of the opposite sex.
When God Writes Your Love Story, pg. 37-38


something clicked. lately my attitude has not always been the best, easily defensive over nothing. looking back, i have had a hard time understanding and relating to Amanda......and now it makes sense. to better understand her, to better relate to her i must first understand the one who created her, God.

my priorities must shift back to where they were. i have always believed that if you are in a right relationship with God, all else falls into place as it should. it is time for me to follow that. it is time for me to once again, get to know and understand the Creator, so that i may better understand the one He created, and blessed me with.

No comments: