Thursday, August 23, 2007

following faithfully

i am now sitting on my new bed, in my new room, in my new house. my location? spokane, washington.....home of the gonzaga bulldogs. now, if you know anything about me your asking why would i be here......i dont like sports so its not gonzaga. well, your right.....God has blessed me with acceptance into Moody Bible Institute to continue and finish my education. but in order to study in chicago i have to do my first year here at their satellite campus.

so again, here i am. it has actually been very easy for me to adjust to this new place. i remember last year when i returned to hesston i felt so in place, overcome by a peace that could only be explained by God. yet here i feel it even greater.......making me certain that this is the place God wants me for this point in my life.

do i miss home? sure.....who wouldnt? i miss the people (well, most of them that is!), especially my students and partners in ministry, and the familiar.

i miss the familiar.

while here i will have to and have been using the bus system. its kinda scary at times. i have to step out of my comfort zone to do this. i am living with a family i never meet till i got here.....that was a big step for me.

these are only two examples of things i have had to adjust to. but every time i am reminded of someone who went out of their way for me. someone who stepped out of their box, out of their comfort zone for everyone who chooses to call Him friend and follow Him.

i think it is kinda funny how we think of Jesus as just this guy who died for us......really, i believe that most people think of Him as just an ordinary guy.....even a lot of those who claim to follow Him. but take a minute as i have found myself doing so often to reflect on His sacrifice.....reflect on how He stepped out of His comfort zone for us.........and died. and no, it wasnt some weak death. He was flogged with barbed whips, kicked, punched, mocked.......and hung upon a tree to die by suffication due to the weight of His own body. that is intense........and He did it all for us freely so we never have to.

so think about that........really, reflect on it for a while.

you know, after reflecting on this time and time again.....i find more motivation to willingly step out of my box, to be uncomfortable. you ever notice how God seems to grow us the most when we are uncomfortable???? i have, and i love it!

God knows exactly what is best for us.......will you let Him lead and willingly step out of your box???????

No comments: