Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Official

On Saturday, October 19th, 2008 i made the biggest purchase of my life to date. and with this purchase soon followed a question. it had played through my mind time and time again, and here i was finally ready to ask it. God provided that night in a way that amazes me. i would have never been able to make the purchase had it not been for His provision financially. and, as much as i had rehearsed the question and played the event in my mind, my nervousness would have held me had it not been for the peace of God.

after Amanda went on a scavenger hunt and found her prize, i got sat her on the bed in her room and knelt down on one knee. i proceeded to ask the big question, and after i got her name out she stopped me.

she did not stop me because she was saying no. rather, she wanted me to sit on the bed with her, so i climbed onto the bed. holding her in my arms, i said "Amanda Jane Ingram, will you marry me?"

obviously she said yes, and after i put the new ring on her hand she ran downstairs to show my mom and everyone else.

we have a date set for those wondering, but it is not for a while. to those who congratulated us, thank you for your kind words. we are looking forward to growing together, and seeing what God has in store for us!

No comments: